In this period of uncertainty, I would like to reassure our clients and supply chain that we are following Government and ACAS advice on implementing precautionary steps to protect our employees. These measures include:
• Keeping all staff updated on actions being taken to reduce risks of exposure in the workplace.
• Providing hand sanitiser and tissues at all workstations in the factory and offices and encouraging staff to use them
• Ensuring there is hot water and soap in all washrooms and displaying advice on hand wash techniques.
• Making sure all managers know how to spot the symptoms of coronavirus and are clear on the processes for sickness reporting and sick pay as advised by the government and procedures in case someone in the workplace develops the virus.
• We are currently in the process of ensuring all emergency contact details are up to date with all our employees. We will be carrying out individual risk assessments on all employees and ensuring we have a flexible workforce to cover expected absence.
• From Monday 16th April we will look at cancelling all face to face meetings with clients or suppliers. Any such meetings may be re-arranged with Skype or via telephone.
• Deliveries will carry on normal via the company van, we will carry out a risk assessment each week and advise if this will continue. Alternative courier transport will be used if needed at no extra cost to the client.
• We are in the process are requesting similar action statements from our supplier chain to ensure they are fully prepared to continue supply.
To date Cheshire East has one reported case in Warrington, we will be monitoring this daily. As the is a fast-changing situation we will advise any updates verbally and will also post updates on the blog section of our website.
Should anyone have any concerns or would like clarification on any of the above points please do not hesitate to contact any of the Management team at PPV Electronics.